Sower Capital Management is seeking a Private Equity Associate to join our organization. This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package, flexible work schedule and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, high energy team environment.
The Private Equity Associate is responsible for assisting the Managing Director and Investment Committee through diligent analytical and administrative support to positively impact the investment decision process.
Sower Capital Management serves as sponsor or key investment partner for a variety of investment funds, syndicated investments, and direct investments. Sower Capital, in partnership with ACCESS Commercial, has the capability to identify, underwrite, and execute institutional grade commercial real estate investments. The primary responsibility of Sower Capital is to act as a responsible steward to all our investment partners who have entrusted their capital with us while delivering a meaningful risk adjusted return.
Private Equity Associate Core Responsibilities:
- Develop investment proformas, models, and related analytics to evaluate prospective acquisitions and provide recommendations
- Prepare financial reports to investors and partners
- Maintain and improve financial models and asset plans utilized to support organizational decision making
- Develop and refine automated reporting and forecasting tools for increased efficiency
- Recommend capital structures by analyzing market conditions and viable options
- Assist with preparing financing proposals and subsequent compliance
- Administer Investment Committee approval process
- Assist in due diligence of investment opportunities and provide administrative support through closings
- Review portfolio holdings assessing risk adjusted returns and portfolio optimization
- Assist in refining internal controls
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Private Equity Associate Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field required
- Three years of professional experience preferably in Accounting, Banking, or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certificate, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation, or master’s in business administration (MBA) or progress towards obtaining is preferred
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Clear understanding of Real Estate fundamentals and related investment process
- Extensive financial modeling experience required
- Proven problem solver who can make sound decisions while navigating through strict deadlines
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- Detail-oriented and data-driven
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Passionate self-starter with owner mindset
- Excel in fast paced environment
- Impeccable ethical standards
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning
- Superior command of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel, and willing to embrace and effectively operate other associated software programs
This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package including two group health insurance options: PPO or HDHP plans, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance at nominal costs as well as additional individual policy offerings of Direct Primary Care, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospitalization plans. Also available are Flex Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care) and/or an HSA account (with an HDHP). Company paid benefits include a $50K Life/AD&D Plan, Short and Long Disability Insurance plans, 401(k) with matching provision, Gain Sharing Program, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation policy, 5 sick days per calendar year, 8 1/2 paid holidays and working in a collaborative, high energy team environment.