Sower Investment Partners is seeking an Agriculture Investment Analyst to join our growing organization. This full-time position offers competitive benefits and compensation package, flexible work schedule and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, high energy team environment.
The position of Agriculture Investment Analyst is responsible for analyzing past financial performance in order to advise on future performance as well as keeping the leadership team apprised of current financial status on a regular and as needed basis.
Sower Investment Partners was founded with the goal of bringing together alternative investments in a structured manner, harnessing the entrepreneurial spirit of skilled experts in a variety of investment verticals. The firm serves as sponsor or key investment partner to a family of investment funds, syndicated investments, and direct investments. We are focused on marrying strong talent, investment discipline and entrepreneurial drive and determination to produce an outsized return for our investment partners.
Agriculture Investment Analyst Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and fiscal plans that are associated with the concepts of operative finance, monetary expenditure, capital flow prediction and gross capital by collecting, formatting, analyzing and explaining reports
- Creates financial models based on analyses to support organizational decision making
- Develops financial plans and reports for organizational leaders that includes evaluation and identification of outcomes and potential returns in relation to organizational goals
- Provides short-term cash flow analysis and forecasting including evaluation of capital expenditures and depreciation
- Supplies every operational department with revenue and expense budget targets and supports them to stay on task
- Provides analysis of internal controls
- Values assets by appraising current condition and assessing potential
- Recommends debt structures by analyzing refinancing options
- Develops and refines automated reporting and forecasting tools for more efficient use of data
- Analyzes industry trends and makes recommendations based on those trends
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Agribusiness, or related field required
- Three to five years of agricultural investment experience required
- CPA, CFA or MBA strongly preferred
- Must have a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Strong Excel financial modeling skills
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design and procedural methods used in big data analysis
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of project management
- Excellent time management, organization, attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment – requires individual to be detail-oriented and data-driven
- Proven problem solver who can make clear-headed decisions while under pressure and has proven ability to analyze and compile large sets of data to compile and present effective reports
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and self-sufficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel and external contacts
- Must be willing to embrace technology to promote efficient operations and comfortable using software programs to process data and interpret results through critical thinking skills with strong business acuity
This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package including two group health insurance options: PPO or HDHP plans, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance as well as additional individual policy offerings of Accident, Critical Illness and Hospitalization plans. Also available are Flex Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care) and/or an HSA account (with an HDHP). Company paid benefits include a $50K Life/AD&D Plan, Short and Long Disability Insurance plans, 401(k) with matching provision, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation policy, 5 sick days per calendar year, 12 1/2 paid holidays and working in a collaborative, high energy team environment.